Login | Forgot Password? | Join the Community
Discuss

Does the movie westerns of the modern era differ much from the cowboy films of yesteryear and why?

- 6 Comment(s)
View All Topics Leave a Comment

louis allgood
09/01/14 11:51 am
yes i do

louis allgood
08/28/14 2:03 pm
I Love All The of The Western

aciccarelli
07/11/13 8:39 am
Too much realism....absolutely nothing is left to the imagination. "Black & White" westerns, especially the weekly serials, were the best!

issac13
07/05/13 8:29 pm
how do you watch movies

OldMovieFan
06/26/13 5:35 pm
The last Modern Western I saw was the re-make of "The 3:10 to Yuma", and I thought there was no comparison with the Glenn Ford original. The violence was too graphic and over-the-top. I just don't think that today's generation of directors/actors have any background or knowledge of this genre of movie.There are no "Western"/"Cowboy" stars, far less actors who can carry off these roles any more. Today's actors are just that - actors portraying cowboys-it's a lost genre. There are no actors like,Glenn Ford-who looked great on a horse-or Jimmy Stewart, or Jim Garner-actors who did other stuff, yet looked believable in western duds and in a western setting without blowing away a hundred baddies with a variety of weaponry, or in some especially gory way. I remember a scene in one of Jimmy Stewart's great westerns,'The Man from Laramie", and the baddie shoots his hand.You didn't have to actually see the hand being shot, but the director chose instead to show the look of horror and pain on Stewart's face.

californiablue
07/22/12 11:37 pm
I think the western actors or any actor of yesteryear were more defined and more professional and more beliveable

Login or Join the Community to contribute!

HOME  |  MOVIES  |  TV SHOWS  |  RADIO  |  ACTORS  |  DIRECTORS  |  COMMUNITY  |  SEARCH
ABOUT US  |  FAQS  |  PRIVACY POLICY  |  TERMS & CONDITIONS  |  COPYRIGHT POLICY
Copyright © 2014 Matinee Classics LLC - All Rights Reserved. Developed by: VividConcept.com