December 15, 2012
Videos on Demand - Matinee Classics.com Seeks New Ownership, Creator Retiring
Matinee Classics.com, the premier streaming video and entertainment website is seeking new ownership due to creator/founder retirement.
MatineeClassics.com is a custom built turnkey website loaded with content and designed in a manner to attract and retain visitors via 400,000+ inner links and constructed to allow video, audio and images to be viewed and/or purchased via download, which is truly 'Videos on Demand'.
MatineeClassics.com speaks for itself with thousands of hours of video and audio content from the 1890's to the 1990's along with millions of words of movie, tv and celebrity related info. AMC, TCM, Nickelodeon and TV Land among others already validate that classic movies and tv shows have a huge audience.
The internet world is acutely aware of the value of abundant and unique 'royalty free' content that allows the new owner to retain all profits while avoiding paying extreme sums in licensing fees.
Matinee Classics ® videos are already viewable on most mobile devices, however once a mobile app has been introduced, viewership will increase exponentially.
MatineeClassics.com is a formidable entertainment destination and a viable alternative to Hulu, Netflix, Redbox and Amazon etc., which will transform the new owner into a major player in the streaming audio and video arena.
We're convinced that within a month's time, considering staffing and
advertising connections, the new owner will be able to place at least 250,000+ display and video ads throughout the site.
Google already indexes over 20,000 pages of MatineeClassics.com content providing unlimited avenues for promotion.
Our time and energy has been concentrated on the creation and optimization of content rather than monetization. MatineeClassics.com is now primed for a motivated buyer possessing the expertise, knowledge and resources to maximize its true potential.
The U.S.P.T.O. has granted the Federal trademark for Matinee Classics
(#85976579) on May 22, 2012.
There is also a Federal Trademark application pending (# 85331433) to establish the new MatineeClassics.tv cable television channel.
- Four unique search engines -- one each for movies, television, radio and actors and directors
- A custom-designed link builder which has so far created over 400,000 inner links
- Buttons for users to share the site on the major social networking sites such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo and Pinterest
- A registered Federal Trademark under 'Matinee Classics' for a host of entertainment related venues
- A custom built CMS (content management system) to allow for unlimited expansion
On this site you will find:
- Google has indexed 20,000+ pages of movies, television and radio programs with 2,200 pages of actors' and directors' biographies/filmographies
- Over 10,000 videos currently including more than 3,300 movies, more than 1,400 movie trailers, more than 300 television program introductions, more than 3,000 television episodes, more than 700 television commercials and more than 500 cartoons
- Plus, another 2,500 videos ready to be uploaded
- Almost 850 radio programs with more than 17,000 individual episodes on the site, and an additional 25,000+ episodes ready to be uploaded
- 2,200 biographies/filmographies of actors and directors
- 25,000+ movie posters, publicity shots, photographs and movie advertisements with an additional 25,000+ images ready to be added
- 4,000,000+ words describing movies, television and radio programs, genres definitions, and biographies and filmographies of actors and directors
- A trivia game with more than 4,500 questions related to movies, television, radio, and actors and directors
- A Community section for visitors/members to share opinions about all movie, tv, radio shows and celebrity related info
Contact Matinee Classics by e-mail at mgmt@MatineeClassics.com
March 6, 2012
There's a New Game in Town! Matinee Classics Trivia Quiz!
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MatineeClassics.com
is pleased to announce the debut of their new trivia game. The game, created to challenge our visitors' knowledge of trivia about those wonderful old movies, television and radio programs found on the site, is open to play for all members of our Community.
There are questions like who won the Academy Award, who starred in a certain television program, and what year was a particular movie released.
Differing from other online games, MatineeClassics.com
is offering more than just bragging rights for participating. We're offering prizes to the member who earns the highest score. There will be weekly prizes and a grand prize at the end of the year. And the grand prize is not trivial - $20,000 in cash prizes!
This unique streaming video site, specializing in the classics, includes over 2.5 million words – a plethora of engaging content, including biographies of over 1,700 actors and directors, history of movies, television and radio plus synopses of movies, television and radio programs.
There are nearly 10,000 distinct videos to watch (including some of Thomas Edison's films from the 1890's), over 11,000 episodes from over 650 old time radio shows, and over 20,000 entertainment-related images from movie posters to celebrity photos. And we're adding more content every day.
While many social networking or online game websites require an investment from players, on our site all you need to do is register as a member of our community and put your thinking cap on. Log in to see the game rules and begin playing, and if the answer doesn't come to you immediately, search the site.
While you're enjoying the thousands of hours of entertainment offered on the site, as a member of the community you're also invited to comment and write reviews.
We believe that our site is a viable alternative to sites such as Hulu and Netflix.
Our audience will be able to have fun as they test their knowledge and indulge in a bit of nostalgia, as they enjoy the video and audio files at Matinee Classics.
There is nothing to download, and the files are always available without the user having to store them and use up valuable space on their personal computer.
For more information about MatineeClassics.com
contact Matinee Classics LLC by e-mail at mgmt@MatineeClassics.com
J. Earl, 818-392-4966
June 14, 2011
MatineeClassics.com, THE Site for Classic Video and Audio Entertainment, Is Launched
“Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear, where everything that was old is new again!”
LOS ANGELES--BUSINESS WIRE--Matinee Classics LLC today announces the debut of its new online entertainment presence. When completed there will be over 10,000 distinct videos (7,000 currently) with over 4,000 hours of viewing entertainment and many more thousands of hours of listening entertainment—more than an average person could possibly enjoy in a lifetime.
This unique online library lets you:
- Watch streaming videos of more than 5,000 classic movies and trailers from as far back as the late 1800’s, including some of the best silent classics, numerous educational and historical documentaries and newsreels, and more than 4,000 classic television shows, cartoons and TV commercials from the earliest days of television
- Listen to more than 40,000 Old Time Radio Show classics (6,000 currently)
- View tens of thousands of movie posters, lobby cards and publicity photos
- Read over a million words of entertainment content – historical information, biographies of actors and directors, as well as synopses of movies, television programs and radio shows
Matinee Classics offers visual and audio entertainment in all genres, from action and adventure to war movies and Westerns.
MatineeClassics.com offers content that makes it tantamount to having a classic movie channel or cable television channel available 24-hours a day, with the programs you want when you want them. And the content is available for use on portable devices and smartphones such as an iPhone, Xbox, iPad, eReaders, MP3 players, and internet-connected televisions.
You’re invited to join our Community area to share your views, and write reviews and comments on the classic movies, television programs and radio shows you enjoy.
Matinee Classics is a user- and family-friendly site with something for everyone from the ages of 1 to 99 to enjoy.
Matinee Classics is a library, a huge database, indeed a museum where rare and wonderful classic works can be treasured and shared. This encyclopedia of entertainment is an evolving, ongoing project, with new content being added all the time.
J. Earl, 818-392-4966